Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2004 Colorado Doorlock Problem

Discussion in 'Chevy Colorado Forum (GMC Canyon)' started by Dave(man), Dec 30, 2011.

1. Dave(man)

Dave(man) New Member

Hey...

New here.....i've got a 2004 Colorado quad-cab 4X4 with a few issues. :lol:

I was wondering about the electric door locks right now. Had an issue earlier where the alarm remote would set the alarm but the door locks wouldn't work. :grrrrrr: Pulled the fuse and it looked good, put it back in and the locks worked. :great: It's done this two times and fixed the same way. :great:

Today same issue but now the locks did not come back :grrrrrr: is there some sort of relay or something? I don't have anything except the owners manual so only have the fuse schematic to go on.....any help would be great....thanks....dave
  2. Brad Preece

Brad Preece New Member

Dave, I'd check the fuse terminals for signs of corrosion. Unfortunately, under the two piece fuse box under the hood is where there are alot of corrosion issues.
    Also, pin fitment issues inside the fuse box were common on those trucks. Gimme a minute and I'll look for some bulletins or info.

Brad

---------- Post added at 10:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

There are two possible solutions for this concern:
    #1) Inspect the harness in each door for a chafe at the door check link. Repair any harness and reroute to prevent future contact or chafe. This will only apply to vehicles built prior to May 31, 2004. Vehicles after this date, the harness was inspected and rerouted at the plant.
    #2) This is a design characteristic. No repairs should be attempted. To reduce the likelihood of this situation from occurring, do not continue to operate all the windows completely open/closed at the same time and running the motor against the stops. This situation will produce the maximum current draw and can increase the chances for the fuse to open.

Note: Fuse 42 in the UBEC will be the fuse that may open if the windows are operated in this manner.Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2012