1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2004 Colorado having issues.....

Discussion in 'Chevy Colorado Forum (GMC Canyon)' started by bgmotorsports, Mar 4, 2009.

1. bgmotorsports

bgmotorsports New Member

I wanted to see if anyone else was having issues like this or knew anything about this.

I have an 04 Colorado with the 2.8 L, that I just bought so I dont know the service history. It idles really bad like there is either a vaccum leak or something along those lines. It is worse when you are coming to a stop and let off the throttle. It never dies though, just seems like it might.

The other day while this was happening the oil light came on and a chime went off. When I stopped to get fuel I went ahead and checked the oil level. On the dipstick the level was full, but it was "foamy" like there was water in the oil. I am thinking this might be a sign of a leaking head gasket. If this is the case I am wanting to find out if anyone has ever dealt with this and to find out if these trucks have a problem with the heads cracking or is this something that I can just pull apart and send the head to be milled and then reinstall with a new gaskst.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I am a BMW mechainc, but I have never dealt with these trucks. So I do have mechanical knowledge. I am just trying to find out if this is a common occurence or anything really.
  2. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

A guy I work with had a 2005 Chevy Colorado he bought brand new, it had the 3.5 though. His truck was doing the same thing as yours, so he took it to the dealer and the found that when the engine was put together whoever put the gasket on put it on backwards. So they fixed it under warranty, but I actually saw pictures of it and it was obviously put on incorrectly. Just a little head up, he only had 10,000 miles on his truck when that happened.
  3. seffieldvillage@aol.com

seffieldvillage@aol.com Rockstar 100 Posts

04 colordao

i have a 04 colorado and i got a letter from gm saying that they were having troube with the intake valve seats wearing and wouldrepair them up to 7 years or100.000 miles. that mide be part of your problem