Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

2004 Colorado running issue.....

Discussion in 'Chevy Colorado Forum (GMC Canyon)' started by bgmotorsports, Mar 24, 2009.

1. bgmotorsports

bgmotorsports New Member

I just wanted to see if anyone else had some insight on this issue.

I have an 04 Colorado with the 2.8L. At idle,when coming to a stop, the RPM's drop way down almost to the point of stalling, but it never stalls. I have taken the resonator and bellows off and smoke tested the system and found no leaks. I am thinking that the PCV system may not be operating like it should, but it is built into the valve cover.
    Has anyone ever had this issue that can shed some light on this for me?

Also I have noticed that I am burning a lot of oil, but its not leaking anywhere. I checked the plugs and the number 2 and 4 plugs had a little oil on them, but nothing major. The number one plug had a fair build up of burnt oil on it. No smoke from the exhaust is being seen @ this time. Im pulling my hair out.

The truck has 91K miles and I just got it, so I am not sure of the service history.

Any help or ideas would be great. Thanks guys!