Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

2004 fuel filter

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by beegum, May 30, 2009.

1. beegum

beegum New Member

Does the 2004 have the fuel filter in the gas tank?

2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Its located on the Driver Side Fame Rail.

3. 97chevz71

97chevz71 Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Its in the tank my friend. My dad had a 2004 and it was in the tank.

4. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

My bad,You are Correct. :glasses:

5. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

GM did not switch to a in tank fuel filter till 2005 if is truly a 2004 it will be on the frame rail look at the emissions sticker under the hood and see what year it says or the vins 10th digit will tell you 4=2004 5=2005 ect.

one sure way to tell if you have one or not is to look under the driver side door inside the frame rail to see if one is there

[​IMG]

6. Trask215

Trask215 Rockstar 100 Posts

In tank filters suck. There a big pain in the rear.

7. nickgiacalone

nickgiacalone Rockstar 100 Posts

in tank filters get taken to the shop and paid to have them changed, at least thats my philosophy

8. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

In tank filters cannot be changed in order to change it you have to change the fuel pump

9. Trask215

Trask215 Rockstar 100 Posts

That's the biggest reason why in tank filters suck. Because they are part of the fuel pump assembly they are very expensive and a pain to replace. I prefer the on the frame rail style filter.

10. truheel1

truheel1 New Member

Change it

Has anyone had to change one yet? If so, was it DIY or did you take it to a shop/dealer? And what did it cost at the shop or DIY? ............