Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

2004 gmc crew cab

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by RED CREW CAB, Oct 12, 2010.

1. RED CREW CAB

RED CREW CAB New Member

The back door door locks won`t lock with the key fob,:grrrrrr: Front doors work fine, Any ideas?? Thanks, John

2. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Do your back doors work if you push the switch on your front doors - specifically the passenger door? On these trucks, GM's service info says the keyless entry works through the passenger door module, which sends a signal to the BCM, which then controls the back doors. The lock switch on the passenger door also works through the same module as the keyless entry, so if that module is faulty, I would think that using it would not unlock the rear doors. If the switch on the driver door does not unlock the rear doors, then I would say it is a problem with the BCM.

Also, welcome to the club.

3. RED CREW CAB

RED CREW CAB New Member

Would this be a dealer only fix? Or is it something thats easy to get to? Thanks.

4. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

To tell you any more, I would need to know whether or not the switches on the doors work to unlock the rear doors so that I could determine what the problem actually is. If it is the passenger door module, you should be able to replace it yourself. If it ends up being your BCM, you will need to go to the dealer.

A third possibility (but only if neither switch on the front doors unlocks the rear doors) is that somewhere along the way (perhaps a previous owner if this problem has been there since you got the truck) the rear lock motors were unplugged - or both died. That would be an easy fix too, but I need to know what switches do and don't work before I can point you in the right direction.

5. RED CREW CAB

RED CREW CAB New Member

I can tell you that the front door lock switches do not operate the rear door locks. Thanks Again, John