Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2004 GMC Yukon 4wd Leveling Kit ?'s

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by AA1PR, Jul 21, 2011.

1. AA1PR

AA1PR Rockstar

2004 GMC Yukon 4wd Leveling Kit Video Update 9/13/11

hello,

I can find the leveling kits for arond $175 which is great. I understand how they install with the torsion bar keys etc..I am disabled so most likely a shop will do the work

I also see where re-checking the toe in adjustment on the alignment is recommended

My only question that I can not find an answer is if I have to go with shocks that are +2" longer ?

I some how foresee the stock shocks as an issue
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2011
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Rancho and Bilstein both have longer shocks for leveled trucks.
  3. AA1PR

AA1PR Rockstar

yes I like the looks of the bilstien, however for economic sake I will most likely start off with the rancho suspension model
  4. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Theres nothing wrong with the Rancho's, I'm sure you will be satisfied with them.
  5. AA1PR

AA1PR Rockstar

Ok so I finally found a local performace shop that deals with lifted vehicles. I am going with the 2.5" leveling kit and getting skyjacker shocks that are 2" longer also. the guy in the shop says he prefers skyjacker over ranchos

we measured the front and rear ride heights adn foudn there is a 2.5" difference, rear height to bottom of running board was 13" and front was 10.5"

I hope it looks tough with the level look & can not wait
  6. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

good luck! Post some pics for us when done!!
  7. AA1PR

AA1PR Rockstar

Will do,
    Now I have to contemplate the larger tire issue [maybe] & the programmer eventually.
  8. AA1PR

AA1PR Rockstar

9. AA1PR

AA1PR Rockstar