2004 Intermittent No Crk No Strt - Now persistent. Help?

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by bbc, Feb 20, 2017.

1. bbc

bbc Active Member 100 Posts

I MAY just have a "Key clocking" issue at the insertion procedure for the ignition switch. as the radio dont stay on at all anymore when I turn it off with doors still shut... So thats more confirmation I still have something out of whack. Something minor is all...

I also am start to believe that there ARE TWO SPRING ACTIONS at the piont of the IGNITION MECHANISM. The spring load built into the SWITCH, and possibly another built into the column or switch housing. I'm not pulling the cylinder again to check tonight. The reason I say this is because I pulled the switch down out of there a couple of times and the spring load does not necc seem to correlate to the ing switch GEAR position...?!?!? But the clocking does not seem to be as STATIC in CONCEPT as I would have thought...

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
  2. bbc

WHILE I'M on a TANGENT (THANKS to the ABOVE GMAC DEALER SWINE THAT CHIMED IN THE OTHER NIGHT)... @Jayhawke 's (Dealer Boy's) CLEARLY INTOXICATED ATTEMPT TO DILUTE THE POWER OF THIS THREAD.... I Just thought I would expound on my recent Key Fob replacement experience.

I WAS WILLING to give the local dealer the 50 BUCKS they USED to... USED TO... CHARGE for (1) Fob... BUT HEY. It turns out the money grubbing crooks have decided that even the lightest of users FOBs are now dying, so they upped the price to 80 bucks...! GO FIGURE...

Now, What really pissed me off is that I called the other competition in town and they had the damn nerve to be EVEN 5 Bucks higher and quote me an $80 reprogramming fee on the phone. (I even hinted I was shopping). Can ya believe it...!!!

So I bought TWO (2) pack of fobs from an amazon dealer for about 28bucks shipped - FOR BOTH... And then went out and programmed 1, 2, 3, and DONE.... Sorry thieves in this world. Hell at least at the dealer I used to use, they would walk out with you and quickly sync your fOB for FREE once you gave em 50bucks...!!! Never even heard of a "programming charge' till I called the REAL CROOKED BASTERD around town...! TALK ABOUT DUMB_ASS SORRY MONEY GRUBBING LOOSER BUSINESS TACTICS. If that don't show you how much damn money they been making and JUST CANT GET OFF THE FREE TEET>...!:eek::mad:

Oh.. And HEY.. I even got a cool BLUE COLOR and will also be ordering a pack of TWO PINK ONES for the wife. And then we wont even have to pick up the wrong keys to figure it our anymore....

OH...! HEY...!!! DID I MENTION that IF I would hace spent 28 more $$$ from ALL THAT (4 FOBS)... I could have got just one dealer fob. Maybe $110.00 it I was IGNORANT enough to go to that other dealer and pay "PROGRAMMING"... LOL... Did I mention they appear OEM Quality. And work GREAT...!!! Anyone want a PIC and the place I got em..? You REALLY have to wonder if the same people don't own both dealerships just playing a loaded $hell game...!?!?!

Sweet Jesus...

More to come on tahoe I am still putting it back together SLOWLY to test...:);)o_O

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  3. Moose monkey

Moose monkey Active Member 100 Posts

Love this thread!

bbc likes this.
  4. bbc

First I have not done a thing to put it back together. the B+ wire is still just straight from Batt to Ign Switch..

Second, The issues I was having with Dome light not coming on at door open; And the radio not staying on with Ign OFF & KEY OUT and doors still shut has gone away at this time. I now turn the key that final rotation to OFF while still sitting in the car and everything shuts down other than a few dash light and the radio LIKE ITS SUPPOSED TO BE....

Its like its reprogramming itself day by day..??? Nothing else I can say to explain it...

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
  5. silverado002

silverado002 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Interesting. Hard to explain this other than a lot of wiring was disturbed during the troubleshooting of that B+ issue.

6. bbc

So I'm going for it today. The big PUT BACK and RE-CONSTRUCTION. The inception of the latest "Mystery Screw Bucket"...
    My favorite... So I put on my fight song now...

thegawd likes this.
  7. thegawd

thegawd Rockstar 2 Years 1000 Posts

Good luck and great video!

8. bbc

Redacting some of this but I was pissed and I KNOW what happened.

Long and short is that I went to return the second of the ignition switches I got from auto zone WHICH I SUSPECTED were customers returning their original switches since they did not resolve their issue EITHER. (I even voiced that early on in this thread!!!) Turns out I WAS RIGHT, cause an older AHOLE in there called me out citing his were grey on one side. I was like well funny cause I had to go to advance auto to get a grey sided one as all yours looked used and were black on both sides.!! He said the one (all black in color) I was returning was Mexican and GMAC. I says well I got it here in this box. He says no ya didn't. I says wheres they young man that helped me he knows cause we were looking real good with the first one you sold me had a beat up box and I pointed out how my original was gray on one side... The manager LIED and said hes been gone for months. Looked up my last purchase 3 weeks ago which the kid sold me. OH THREE WEEKS "and thats no months". She says whatever..:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: I showed her the advance brand installed in my car and the advance receipt and box dated AFTER my last switch purchase from them. I says call the other store where I returned it then tell me HOW I'VE had my hands on TWO ALL BLACK GMAC Ign SWITCHES from YOUR STORE...!! RETARDS...!

The Devil is everywhere today I tell you. Evil folks can see happiness coming a mile away and just can't STAND IT...!

BLA BLA PISSED with AutoZone. Got no idea where US Business has gone. And GOD KNOWS where its going...!

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
    Moose monkey likes this.
  9. silverado002

silverado002 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Some days are better than others. Like Roseann roseannadanna said "if it ain't one thing its something else".
    Seems they are getting tired of returns over there. I've seen this exact same thing at Home Depot where a return was restocked without any inspection only to find out when I got the item home there were missing parts. Back to the store it went so it could probably get restocked again.

10. bbc

And @thegawd too..:)

NOT SURE YET IF RELATED. But I put here for now...

So ya know I have not put it back together yet just waiting for this day... Everything was great till a day or two ago. Got a battery light on and guage in car down to 9 volts today. Put the charger on it and def needs some charging. I did have autozone check it with their hand held device which also checked the batt and starter. Back when all this started they said alt was fine. I wonder. Then again they did not pick up that first bad battery either. But until today the battery was reading a strong 14.1-14.2 (past half way) every since the fix on the ignition B+. Notably, for years I was always charging under the 14V mid-way line untill all that recent hubbub...

Can I used the amp meter on my mutitester to do a solid check on alternator myself?

Bla. Getting old now... I wonder what the lifespan of CHEVy Truck alternators is?? BLA...

LOL

Time to read I guess hope all is well..:)

Moose monkey likes this.