1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2004 Sierra 4.3l clutch issues

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by scott1981, Apr 1, 2010.

1. scott1981

scott1981 New Member

Just recently purchased, vehicle drove great but slave was leaking. Dealer installed new slave and afterwards it is a little hard to get into first, reverse and has a slight notchiness into third.

If I try to put it in first when rolling slowly forward it slides right in, if not it often feels like I am having to give it a decent push and pushing past a rubber grommet or something.

If I rock it against the gate in first then back to neutral then first again it glides right in.

Since i bought this as is I think I will end up paying to have this handled or dealing with it myself.

I want to think it wasnt bled properly, how much am I looking at to have a dealer bleed it again and is it a pretty simple procedure.