1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2004 sierra radio adapter?

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Detroit77, Jul 25, 2008.

1. Detroit77

Detroit77 New Member

I just purchased an 04 Sierra work truck and am trying to install a Kenwood KDC-MP5028.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-KDgPTJSiqTm/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?i=113MP5028

I tried to hardwire it in but it wouldnt even power up. I've installed other car radios before and not had a problem but this is the newest truck I've owned and im having problems. My pal has the same truck and he told me I need to buy an "adapter" to go between the trucks stock harness and the Stereo. Problem is I cant find it online. Do I need to get a whole new HArness for the truck or just a simply install kit?

This truck is badass by the way hehe . I had a 16 year old Wrangler before this. Im SO happy with my GMC!:great::rofl:
  2. Misawan

Misawan New Member

You do need an adapter to go between the harness and the head unit which will keep all the door chimes, etc. I bought mine at WalMart and it is made by Scoshe. I have an 04 silverado and put a new JVC head unit in my truck. I did a lot of research on this and there is more stuff wired through the stock head unit than just the stereo stuff. If I remember right the adapter was around $30 which was the cheapest I could find.
  3. Detroit77

Detroit77 New Member

dude awesome thanks!