2004 sierra radio adapter?

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Detroit77, Jul 25, 2008.

1. Detroit77

Detroit77 New Member

I just purchased an 04 Sierra work truck and am trying to install a Kenwood KDC-MP5028.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-KDgPTJSiqTm/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?i=113MP5028

I tried to hardwire it in but it wouldnt even power up. I've installed other car radios before and not had a problem but this is the newest truck I've owned and im having problems. My pal has the same truck and he told me I need to buy an "adapter" to go between the trucks stock harness and the Stereo. Problem is I cant find it online. Do I need to get a whole new HArness for the truck or just a simply install kit?

This truck is badass by the way hehe . I had a 16 year old Wrangler before this. Im SO happy with my GMC!:great::rofl:

2. Misawan

Misawan New Member

You do need an adapter to go between the harness and the head unit which will keep all the door chimes, etc. I bought mine at WalMart and it is made by Scoshe. I have an 04 silverado and put a new JVC head unit in my truck. I did a lot of research on this and there is more stuff wired through the stock head unit than just the stereo stuff. If I remember right the adapter was around $30 which was the cheapest I could find.

3. Detroit77

Detroit77 New Member

dude awesome thanks!