2004 Silverado 1500 Hood Swap

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by mburns, Feb 20, 2011.

1. mburns

mburns New Member

I was on here probably 2 years ago back when I used to own my 1993 Cheyenne 1500 and I vaguely remember seeing a thread on here about a guy with a newer body style Silverado 1500 who had swapped his hood with one from a Silverado 2500. Back then the thread wasn't relevant to my ride so unfortunately I didn't pay as much attention to it as I would have now. I'm not as educated about these trucks as some of you so forgive me if I'm wrong, but the 2500 Hood kind of sits higher with more of an aggressive look to it. My truck is a 2004 and I have to replace the hood anyway so I'm thinking about putting a 2500 hood on it. Is there anything to take into consideration? Hood hinges or modifications of any kind? I just bought this truck last week and don't know much about it but I am long time Chevy man. All of my trucks have been between 1981-1993 so this is new era for me. Thanks in advance.

2. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

If im correct you have a different grill as well, and will need to change that also there is a chance you may need to move the hood latch etc.

3. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

4. mburns

mburns New Member

Adam,

Thanks for the link. That was really helpful. I think that does a lot for the front end. So if I'm understanding you correctly, it is a bolt on replacement. All I need is the 06-07 hood and the 06-07 grille and everything bolts right back into place?

5. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Yes, the '06 parts will fit your '04

6. JRD761

JRD761 Rockstar 100 Posts

I'm in the middle of trying to do my swap.. I've got a 2004, and I got a grille off a 2006 that was rolled. The hood was too far gone to salvage, but the grille was untouched.. the old grille pops off, and the new grille pops right into place.. no modifications needed..
    The hood should be the same way, but I haven't done it yet.. (I haven't been unable to find one yet, and I really don't want to buy one new). For now. I've just got the grille on.. it fits, but leaves a little gap in the middle.. nothing too terrible..

[​IMG]