1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2004 silverado Bose system. LoC problems

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by Wolverine92, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Wolverine92

Wolverine92 New Member

Hello I have a 2004 silverado crew cab with the factory 6cd Bose head unit. I have 2 10" jl subs and a Sony xplod amplifier. I've purchased a stinger line out converter sgn11. I am having problems getting my set up to sound better then the Bose system. There seems to be very little bass through my subs and I can hear the exhaust through the subs when the truck is running. I've tried using the harness in the center console using dark blue/light blue and brown/yellow. And I've tried using the wires directly from the rear speakers. I've tried 2 different ground points and I cannot seem to make this system work. Any help would be greatly appreciated
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Do you have a factory Sub?
  3. Wolverine92

Wolverine92 New Member

Yes there is a factory sub it is included with the bose system
  4. FrigginNoodles

FrigginNoodles Member 100 Posts

I have the same set up as you with the stock 6 disk and the bose with a LOC for my subs. You have to tap your LOC into your speaker wires before they pass through the factory amp. As far as hearing the exhaust sound it may be having your power wire run too close to the rca wires, but I am not 100% sure and will let someone more knowledgeable answer that one for you
  5. Wolverine92

Wolverine92 New Member

the problem was i was using the wrong wires. the correct wires to use are the

Left Sub
    Light Green/Black (-)
    Dark Blue/White (+)

Right Sub
    Dark Green (+)
    Light Blue/Black (-)

incase anyone else needs this help
  6. dobey

dobey Member 100 Posts

Fixed so people can actually see what you wrote. :)
  7. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Good one, [MENTION=40835]dobey[/MENTION]!