2004 Silverado vibration

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Chris Platte, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Chris Platte

Chris Platte New Member

Hey

I have a 2004 silverado and it just started viberating. It only does it when on the throttle between 25 and 45 mph. any idea would be great.

Thanks

2. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Hi Chris - Did you recently hit a curb, change tires (or one of them), do front end work, etc.? Any additional background/info would be helpful.

3. Chris Platte

Chris Platte New Member

all i have done is replace the brakes on the rear. it strarted during a hunting trip with lots of mud but I washed it for over an hour thinking there was some mud stuck somewhere but it didnt make any differnce.

4. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

That's odd. Even though it doesn't sound like you did anything that would have caused the alignment change, my gut still says to have the alignment checked anyway. You could have hit a rock or root that was buried in the mud. However, let's see what others say, as someone may have the answer for sure.

5. Chris Platte

Chris Platte New Member

yea i probably should have the alingment checked thanks for the quick response!

6. luvit4it

luvit4it New Member

try checking any mud build up on the inside of rims that could throw the wheel balance off

7. chevybulldog6

chevybulldog6 Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

This happens to me occasionally after wheeling. I end up getting mud on the inside of the wheels and in the front rotor vents. I just take the front tires off and clean the rims and spray out the rotor vents, problem solved. I hope this helps.