1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2004 Suburban 2500 4x4....tire questions

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by jdeckeraz, May 1, 2012.

1. jdeckeraz

jdeckeraz New Member

I have a 2004 Sub 2500 LT 4x4 with the 8.1. It has the the OEM alloy 16" rims. What is the largest size tire I can get on it without lifting or cranking up the T-bars? Any help would be awesome.
  2. Marcus A.

Marcus A. Rockstar

I have an '03 2500 burb with 285/75r16. (33") The right front rubs the sway bar on a hard left hand turn but not enough to do anything but rub a little paint off the bar. The tires are General Grabber AT2. I have the 6.0L with 3.73 gears. The tires are helping to dog the motor pulling my camper so I will be going to stock size tires. The 285s were on it when I bought it and were new. How do you like the 8.1L. I wish I had that engine.