1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2004 suburban air conditioning issue

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by DONALD72, Jun 21, 2012.

1. DONALD72

DONALD72 New Member

I have a 2004 suburban that has just started blowing warm and sometimes very hot air out of the front vents while the back is blowing cold air. The air conditioning is on. I have both temps set to 68 front and back. 116,000 miles 4 wheel drive
  2. emailrobertcena

emailrobertcena New Member

I don't have any idea about this problem.if anybody has any idea about this please share with me.........
  3. bazar01

bazar01 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Just a shot in the dark.

Something's telling the heater core control valve to open allowing hot coolant to pass thru the heater core. Control valve should be in the firewall with two rubber hoses, one coming from the engine and other coming out of heater core.
  4. edeslaur

edeslaur New Member

Check this TSB as well - talks about temps going up and yours is one of the associated years.