1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2004 Suburban Dies on the highway

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by jsamotis, Sep 2, 2008.

1. jsamotis

jsamotis New Member

I have a 2004 Suburban that dies on the highway on a regular basis. I brought it to my regular mechanic and he said that there was nothing on the compter log to indicate why this is happening.

I have been keeping track of when it happens so that I might help with a diagnosis.

It seems to happen most often when I go to pass a vehicle or I step a bit extra on the gas. When it stalls I pull over, wait a few minutes a then it will restart.

The mechanics say that without some indication on the computer log they could just start replacing parts, etc and run up some big bills.

Has anyone else had this happening on their Suburban?
  2. mehoff400

mehoff400 Rockstar 100 Posts

i would maybe try replacing your fuel filter
  3. collinsperformance

collinsperformance Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

i say fuel filter or pump......mike
  4. 01TAHOE24

01TAHOE24 New Member

Hmmm, I think I would try the fuel pump relay first..
  5. FireRed

FireRed Rockstar 100 Posts

Ditto on the filter, it will cause just what you speak of.
  6. 06badZ71

06badZ71 New Member

double ditto on the fuel pump or filter... we've had excessive problems with the fuel pump on our 98 tahoe..
  7. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

tripple diddo on fluel pump / regulator / pump

or possible a dirty trottle body?????