1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2004 tahoe 4.8 LS - what type of door lock

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by filmir, Oct 2, 2009.

1. filmir

filmir New Member

I was wondering that type of door lock system is in my tahoe. I am installing a remote start with alarm and keyless entry. is it a type B or 2 step or what? thanks for any help. how would I hook it up to the keyless entry/remote start system. the remote start is from Autopage RS665-2w.
  2. vncj96

vncj96 New Member 1000 Posts

First off, you cant just hook up a alarm and auto start, you need an interface module that is usually another $50 as they are specific for your vehicle year and make so that the autostart can talk to the computer to turn on the relays, pumps, injectors and all other kinds of things needed for the computer to start the truck without the key being turned. If you vehicle is a manual then you need to get another part that can daql with the cluthc and nuetral positions and I dont know if all autostarts have that capablilty for manual. You are better off to take it back to where you bought it from and have them install it. Even a seasoned installer will take a good hour to connect everything and test it, and thats having the proper tools and knowlegde as every system and company is different.
  3. filmir

filmir New Member

I already hooked up the autostart and and everything works great. I bought the Omega Pass2 bypass and hooked it up. now...my only thing is hooking up the door locks to to the autostart module that also has keyless entry hookups. thanks for the reply.