1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2004 Tahoe CD Player

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by notdku, Jan 14, 2010.

1. notdku

notdku New Member

I have a 2004 Tahoe with a CD/tape/radio.

First the CD would not eject. It would still play but not eject. It makes an ejection type sound but it never comes out. Now it has stopped playing.

I have tried new fuses, unhooking the battery, manually getting it with a knife. None of those worked.

Would appreciate any tips on how to get the CD out and fix the problem, if it's possible.
  2. timsilverado

timsilverado New Member

Remove radio. Take to radio shop.
  3. retired2001

retired2001 New Member 1000 Posts

I just sold my '04 and the last 3 years I had it the CD did the same as yours. I just got a FM-modulator and used my I-Pod. If yours has the XM option or Aux, you might be able to tie in a I-Pod or other MP3 player.
  4. cubcadet

cubcadet New Member

This happened to me. First it took a couple of tries to eject it, then it would hang up in it. I used a business card to jimmy the disk out of it. The disk would come out all scuffed. CD`s stink- I like tapes much better.

Joe