1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2004 Trailblazer Wind Noise

Discussion in 'Chevy Trailblazer Forum (GMC Envoy)' started by RCnKC, May 16, 2005.

1. RCnKC

RCnKC New Member

Anyone have wind noise problems? It gets so loud that it is quieter to have the window cracked open. The dealer says its normal..... :(
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

My 2002 Trailblazer is the quietest large vehicle that I have ever driven. It's no cadillac or lincoln, but it's very quiet when going down the road. What year TB do you own? What dealer is this?

As I have said before. If you think there is a problem that you're being told that it's "just the way things are". Go find another TB like the one you have and give it a test drive and take a good mental note on how loud it is. Then compare and make a determination if you have a problem or not.
  3. 04Trailblazermom

04Trailblazermom New Member

I don't know if you have a sunroof, but you should hear the noise that creates when it is open! You can't talk to anyone else riding with you it is so bad. In my eyes, it's poor design. With the sunroof open, you can see a metal bracket/strip (for lack of a better word) that has holes in it.....like, DUH! I'm trying to find an inexpensive part that goes on the roof so the wind doesn't go thru the holes in the bracket. I'm not a happy camper!
  4. ScarabEpic22

ScarabEpic22 New Member

OK, I had the same problem on my 02 LT. I asked the dealer, and they said it was normal too. After some searching and digging though 2+ years of info on 4+ forums, I found someone else who had the same problem and fixed it by gently bending the tops of the front windows. I tried it, and it worked great! I still have the noise going 75+ with a strong sidewind, but other than that, no problems whatsoever.

Open the door, and grab the top of the frame as well as holding the rest of the door open, and apply downward pressure to the top of the door. Close door to make sure it still closes properly, and test. Keep doing this until the noise is gone. Worked for me, so I hope it will work for you too!
  5. acrespo3

acrespo3 New Member

hi guys, hey about the noise its one of the down sides of the tb and envoys. i am looking in geting some-kind of materials (sound absorbers) to fix this. i will let you guys know as soon as i do it this week.
  6. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Very cool. Thanks
  7. acrespo3

acrespo3 New Member

ok my project is at an end with the wind noise. i took the door panels off and added 3m sound adsorber. on the door it self were the electrical wires passes thru i added silicone. the out come was not what i wanted but it help. hey the music in my envoy is so much sweeter. the wind noise still there but not as loud i notice this at high speeds.