Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

2004 Yukon Denali XL - General Question

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by kitrite, Dec 6, 2011.

1. kitrite

kitrite New Member

I looking at a used 2004 Yukon XL Denali with 44K miles (privately owned). I heard these trucks have alot of tranny problems. Is this true?
    Any feedback would be appreciated. What else should I look out for?

THank you

2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Is it a 1500 or 2500 Yukon??

3. kitrite

kitrite New Member

It is a 1500

4. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

You have a 4L60E. If you take care of them and drive them normal, then there not bad. Run them hard and they won't last. With that said I use my truck off-road all the time, have over 90,000 miles and lifted with 35" tires and have had no trans. issues. I do run Mobil 1 synthetic trans fluid and change it every 25,000 miles. You said the truck has only 44,000 miles on it. Unless the owner ran it hard it should be o.k., I would service the trans. if you buy the truck.

5. Boonduff

Boonduff Member 3 Years 100 Posts

If maintained these trannys will last long time. If you tow make sure it has an auxillary cooler. I currently have 182,000 miles with no problems on my 97 which has the same transmision.

6. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

X2....keep up with the maintenance and it should last a long time. :great:

7. kitrite

kitrite New Member

Thank you guys!!!

8. only1stegall

only1stegall New Member

225000 on my yukon XL... no worries on 44k!

9. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

The owner of the rear end shop I go to told me that he sees alot of problems with the front diffs in those. At 44k I don't think that there would be an issue yet. My cousin has one and he gets about 2 miles less a gallon then I do in my yukon xl. We think that it is the fact that it has the 6 liter and that I can put my yukon xl in 2wd and his is always in AWD. (can't turn it off)