2005 avalanche 2wd [Expired Topic]

Discussion in 'Chevy Avalanche Forum (Escalade EXT)' started by bgloworm22, Dec 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bgloworm22

bgloworm22 New Member

Is it just mine are all they all slow? I took mine in with 45K and chevy had to replace all the lifters on the pass side. Now its a little quicker but still really sloooow. I have a 2003 tahoe with the 5.3 and it will get up and go. It's got 160K. It always feel like the transmission is shifting up and down all the time or slipping or something. There is the right amount of fluid in it and it is red, no bubbles and no white. It actually feels like its the transmission thats holding the motor back. I just wondered if anyone else has that feels the same.
    Thanks

2. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I've never heard anything like that before. Does the performance seem any different from when the tranny is cold vs hot?

3. bgloworm22

bgloworm22 New Member

Not really. It just seems like I have to push the pedal down pretty far to get the thing to go. and even then, it feels very sluggish. Come to think of it, I have the adjustable foot pedals, maybe there is something wrong there... Don't know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.