1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2005 Chevy CrewCab with Harmonic Sound

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by brs339, Feb 24, 2009.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. brs339

brs339 New Member

I have an '05 crew cab that I have had some severe tranmission issues with in the last 18 months. I am on my second tranny and third valve body. Now I am getting a harmonic sort of humming sound that has progressively gotten louder over the past several months. Any ideas on what it could be?!

Thanks,
    Jim
  2. CarpenterGuy

CarpenterGuy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

our car had a humming and it was the wheel bearings, so check those out.
  3. Tunnelmotor99

Tunnelmotor99 Rockstar

Quick way to check if it's wheel bearing noise: Drive along at 30-40 mph, as you go around curves, the noise should get louder when turning one way and quieter the other. of course if both bearings are bad it may not get quieter...The only other thing to do is determine if it is from the front or rear.
  4. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

an easier way to check bearings is just feel the center of the rim/hub if they are shot it will be pretty hot
  5. ponybullitt

ponybullitt New Member

The C/K vehicles are hard to diagnose the bearings by driving, much easier on the cars. I usually see the bearings on those very loose along with a noise. Lift the front of the vehicle and put a hand top and bottom of the face of the tire and try to move in and out. It should be pretty loose if its starting to go.