1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

2005 chevy tahoe tune up help

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by ToTallScott, Mar 10, 2011.

1. ToTallScott

ToTallScott New Member

Hey guys I just got a 2005 ho with 91000 miles it is in good shape talked to the owner and he did the oil every 3-5. I want to do a tune up and was looking for a list of everything I should do like tran fluids filters plugs wires what more do you guys think??? a list would be great. ​

2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I would look at the Following,
    ......New Plugs and Wires
    ......Change Oil and Filter
    ......Flush all of the Fluids....Trans...Coolant....Brake....Steering....Rear end Gear Lube
    ......Check all the Belts and Hoses
    ......Check the Brake Pads
    ......Lube the Front End

On the Fluids I would go with Synthetic on the....Oil...Trans and Rear Diff., and for the plugs.....go with A/C Delco Iridium Tip Spark Plugs....

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
  3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

X2 what '99HEARTBEAT said. Also I'm not sure if the '05 Tahoes are like the '05 Silverados that have the fuel filter in the gas tank rather than on the frame rail but I would check and see if it does have a frame mounted fuel filter. If it has one than ,its on the inside frame rail by the drivers door.