2005 Colorado Interior Overhaul

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by Coolrado, Mar 30, 2010.

1. Coolrado

Coolrado Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Figured I'd post up what I've been working on all winter. It's still not 100% but should be in a few weeks. I did most of the work myself except for the headliner, painting the parts and the seat covers. My buddy Matt did the seat covers, Randy from my old shop finished prepping and painting the plastics and I took my Headliner to Casullo's. I kind of got transferred to a different shop halfway through getting the parts ready for paint or I would have done them myself also. It turned out pretty nice for my first time doing any interior work. Let me know what you think.

What it used to look like
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Out with the old
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Mounting new buckets
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Interior parts primed, goodbye texture
    [​IMG]
    Covered all pillar trim and headliner in microsuede
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Rear seats done
    [​IMG]

2. Coolrado

Coolrado Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

[​IMG]
    New dash going in
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    New carpet and new wiring for amplifiers
    [​IMG]
    Back wall in
    [​IMG]
    Front door panels, still missing a couple trim pieces but almost there
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    New seats in
    [​IMG]
    Almost finished, just need to put in the rear door panels, glove box, sill plates and some other small trim pieces. My daughter likes it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks for checking it out

3. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

WOW.....It looks Awesome!!!......Very Nicely Done.....And your Little girl is Adorable......:glasses:

4. sharpshooterusmc

sharpshooterusmc Rockstar 100 Posts

that looks amazing, im in the process of redoing the interior on my truck, painting the plastic around the cluster and radio green like the truck as well as all the small parts, ie door lock panels ect. i wrapped the carpet parts on my door panels with camo cloth, im trying to find some kind of camo leather seat covers, if not ill jut get the normal marathon camo covers ill get pics up soon

5. KidHauler

KidHauler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Great job!

6. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Very nice! Lots of work!

7. tlperry68

tlperry68 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Sweet work man!

8. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Looks like an episode of "OVERHAULIN" ! Nice work!:great:

9. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Damn!!!!!!!!!!!!! :gasp:

I am seriously speechless about this transformation to your interior, but I have a few suggestions and questions about your interior.

1. Why did you put the factrory carpeting back in? You had that interior completely gutted down to bare metal, I think It would have looked killer with a red aftermarket carpeting in there?

2. The steering wheel sticks out like a sore thumb against that beautiful dash now, Colorado Customs makes some beautiful billet steering wheels but you have to lose the air bag. If you need the airbag because of local laws, then why not fiberglass and paint that steering wheel to match the interior? It can be done Ralph did it to his Colorado on here, again just an observation.

One small touch that would make a huge difference on the door panels, a nice set of billet window cranks from Flaming River. That is the positive side to have manual window cranks, there are a lot more custom things you can do to them.

EXCELLENT, EXCELLENT, EXCELLENT, EXCELLENT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :great::great:

10. z3ro

z3ro Rockstar 100 Posts

Looks great! But those seats just dont do it justice