Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2005 GMC Jimmy Heater Controls

Discussion in 'Chevy Blazer Forum (GMC Jimmy)' started by Possum, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Possum

Possum New Member

:sign0144:OK Gearheads, I just spent all day Sunday, (a crime in itself ) removing the dash to replace my heater core. The job went ok,(about 7hrs) but after the last screw was in place, I fired her up and BOOM ! I had all the heat in the world.....thru my dash vents only. (the ones facing the passengers at chest level ). When turning the far right control knob (the one that controls the vent selections) I could not change the direction of the air flow. Mainly, I could NOT get flow thru the defrost vents. A/C compressor would turn on in A/C and defrost position but still no flow thru the defrost vents at the windshield. I checked the vacuum actuator behind the glove box, and it moves freely but there seems to be no vacuum in the hose regardless of switch position. Vacuum hoses from dash switch seem free from obstructions. I'm ready to pull the dash again but what should I look for ? A pinched vacuum hose, Something blocking a vent lever from moving ? A sticky vent ? Everything worked fine before I attempted a job that seemed marginally easier than rocket science. (and saved me 6+hrs labour). Have any of you had a similar experience ?
    Any and all replies would be most appreciated !

Cheers, from the Halton Riviera !
  2. Possum

Possum New Member

FIXED !
    I thought I should follow up and tell anyone who may run into this problem how I fixed it. As it turned out, it was the line that supplies vacuum to the vent selector switch. There is a slip-on connector just above, and to the right of the gas pedal. (where the transmission tunnel meets the firewall). It must have become disconnected during the heater core replacement process. Was actually able to see it without removing any under-dash panels.
    Hope this is helpful to someone.
    Cheers !
    P.S: There are some really great videos on youtube showing the whole heater core replacement process. They were a HUGE help to me.