1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2005 GMC Sierra 2wd Owner - Need better traction

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by GMCPapa, Jun 19, 2013.

Random Gallery Photos

1. GMCPapa

GMCPapa New Member

I just found this club and have joined. I own a 2005 GMC Sierra 2wd Crew cab diesel. I am having problems with traction, especially on wet srufaces such as grass. I'm on my second set of tires and have Michelin on there now. Can anyone tell me about how to overcome this traction problem. And I'd like some tire information for a good riding but yet a good traction tire. I'm in the market but just don't know what to purchase. Thanks for your help.
    God Bless
    GMCPapa
  2. donyms

donyms Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the club, it's great to have you aboard. On a 2wd I would recommend getting a limited slip differential and I would definitely stay with the Michelins but maybe get some that are wider. Good luck man. :glasses:
  3. mfleetwood

mfleetwood New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the Club!!!

I moved your post to this section and changed your title slightly so that you'll get more responses/opinions related to your topic.

I really can't comment on the tires, as I only have experience with A/Ts. But regarding the traction on wet/grassy surfaces, if you are looking for a cheap and easy way to go, I used those tube type 60lb sandbags when I had my 2wd. I picked them up from Home Depot for only a few dollars a bag and helped tremendously in the snow. I put a couple of bags over each wheel well. However, I only carried with me when the roads were wet/slick as I wasn't fond of the extra weight.
  4. nonnieselman

nonnieselman New Member

Wet grass is goin to be rough to get traction on with any tire. my buddy got stuck in a 4wd on a wet grass hill with some old tires haha.

But a good positive traction unit and weight are your best bet.