2005 GMC Sierra EXSB w/5.3 SLT by: Sierra owner

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by Sierraowner5.3, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I have been meaning to put together a thread for my truck for a while now, and I am finally getting around to it.

Even have some new pics I thought Id share with everyone.

in no particular order-

pic of the truck the day I bought it, had the nerf bars, bug guard, and the roll cover on it. added the following. AVS window vents, flowmaster cat back super 40 series, APC LED light strip (so so quality, gonna get a better one after deployment)

then we have the some pics of the tires and rims I bought off of CL. first is how they looked when I got them, then after I did the test paint job on one. It came out ok, looks good from a distance. I am no paint guru, the first rim did show me a few things to watch on the other three.

the center caps were removed, gonna to sand them, paint them black like the rim, and do the center block letters in red, should really pop out on the black backround. The rims are a work in progress, I dont have alot of patience for the tapijng, so it gets done in spurts.

the next two pics are from this morning, a before and after of the DeeZee bed rail caps I ordered. the tool box and the roll cover were chewing up the rails, so I figured a little protection was in order. Had a set of these rails on my last truck and was really happy with them.

last few pics are from various times and places. the first was after playing in some water holes, then in the parking lot at work one morning, and the last is from my parents place in minnesota, from christmas time.

Future wants - spray in bed liner, shock upgrade, maybe a leveling kit, long tube headers and custom dyno tune.

thanks for looking everyone, Alex

Attached Files:

2. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Alex the truck is coming right along. I really like the "new" rims with the black on them.

3. sevi084x4

sevi084x4 Rockstar 100 Posts

I agree with the black accents on the rims looking sweet. Nice looking truck!

4. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Alex.....x3 on the New Rims looking Great with the Black Accents......:great:

5. Sierraowner5.3

thanks for the compliments guys. the rims should come out looking good, i just hate taping them. lots of tedious work involved. the areas im taping off have lots of curves and slopes, and tape dont bend the best.

thoughts on the other mods? suggestions? lord knows when i get the rims done I will post pics.

Alex

6. AnimalYates

AnimalYates Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

Love the truck man! Reminds me of an older version of my own, and I am a big fan of that body style. Keep us posted brother!

7. Sierraowner5.3

thanks dude. gonna try and get the rims done (ish) this weekend, have friday off, so if i can make myself get the taping done, then i can paint saturday, and maybe get em put on on sunday!

Alex

8. Sierraowner5.3

well, i ended up with most of today off, so the rim tapping is DONE!!!!

also got the rest of the supplies i need to finish everything.

gonna try to get some sanding done on the center caps yet tonight, and start painting tomorrow. pics saturday maybe? depends on the weather.

if the center caps dont work like i think they should, ill just make them solid black, but i think the red paint i bought should be close to the GMC on the front of the truck.

ill keep ya'll posted. if i can get all this done, i might have to go find a hole someplace and try out the tires. :glasses:

Alex

9. Sierraowner5.3

got the rims and center caps painted today, had a few little issues, some bugs got on one, and you can kinda see em. there is also some weird pollon floating around, and that got on the seconed coat of black, made the third coat fairly heavy, i think i got it all covered.

gonna do the red lettering on the center caps in an hour or so, then clear coat them.

pics tomorrow.

Alex

10. Sierraowner5.3

pircutes, new ones even! (picture heavy.)

More pictures!!!!!

got everything finished up last night, and mounted the tires and rims today.

first, starting vs. ending product. I realize the first pic dosnt have the center cap, but you get a good idea. then its the center caps, two pre and two post primer. the ones not primed have already been sanded. next, a center cap after the black paint.

the next picture is all four center caps after painting the block GMC letters with some krylon bright red paint. then its a series of pictures showing the progression from taped, to the finished product. after that, its all pictures showing how the truck looks now that the rims are mounted. i think they look great on the truck. the red on the center caps really pops. if that makes sense.

let me know what you all think. was alot of work, but it was worth it. now, i dont plan on doing this again anytime soon, all the raping was a royal PITA.

thanks for looking.

Alex

Attached Files: