2005 silverado abs light

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by bacol14, Jul 26, 2010.

1. bacol14

bacol14 Rockstar

my 2005 chevy silverado abs light will not shut off. It happened a couple times right after I put my lift in, some of the cables needed to be tied down.

Now everything looks fine and my abs light wont shut off... before I spend my money at a shop I wanted to know if anyone has any ideas whats wrong...

Thanks guys

2. hundojoe

hundojoe Rockstar 100 Posts

My guess is that with your new lift the abs wires that run to the front wheel bearings were pulled out of the bearing assembly itself or the wires got streched or pinched and are broken now, See if the junk man has any used ones laying around, thats where I would start. good luck.

3. senorbob999

senorbob999 New Member

its either the speed sensor in your wheel bearings or the wheel bearings themselves. or like mentioned above the harness got stretched. a good way to test your wheel bearing is by jacking up your truck with a floor jack on a level surface. once thats done go to each of your front tires and lift them from the bottom going up. if theres any play or movement up or down you may need to replace the wheel bearings. the worst case senario would be the abs module. its pricey so beware.

4. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Did you reprogram the trucks computer for the new taller tires? If you didn't than that can throw a ABS code.