1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2005 silverado horn problem

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by nomak, Jun 23, 2012.

Random Gallery Photos

1. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I hear ya. You can use a relay in the fuse box to test it; but it must be the same part number.
  2. nomak

nomak New Member

ok swapped relays and the horn relay works fine in windshield washer motor but the washer relay wont work in horn circut. so I just start pushing on the horn a bunch and it finally starts working again the first honk was cutting in and out but now its full bblown horn again. so I have figured out its not the relays cause it works in a different circut and the working relay I put in the horn circuts place didnt change anything.. just repeteadly pressing the horn on the steering whell made it start working again. im guessing there is some sort of switch under the steering wheel that may not be making good contact. what is this called so I can get a new one and anyone have any good tutorials on removing the center part of steering wheel without damaging the air bag or setting t off.. thanks,,