1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2005 Silverado tranny issue

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by schrinediggity, Apr 16, 2009.

1. schrinediggity

schrinediggity New Member

Hello, I am new to this club. I wish I would have found this sooner, I have had the truck for 3 years now haha. Anyways my 2005 Silverado 1500 has approximatly 92,000 miles. I had the tranny replaced under aftermarket warranty around 68,000 miles. They used an aftermarket transmission that came with its own warranty. Long story short on the way to work today I noticed more trouble. From a stop, or a roll under 20 miles per hour, once accelerating, around 35 mph the truck would disengage the transmission and rev the engine, if I let off the brake the tranny would re-engage. Any idea what could be causing this. I was in normal morning traffic so it was not a situation of beating on the truck, which I don't do anyway. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jon