1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2005 silverado w/ CJ2 & YP9 w/R Defrost Has NEW control, still misdirects AC and Heat

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Upkeep' started by spamless, Jun 16, 2012.

1. spamless

spamless New Member

It started 2 weeks ago, when fan would not turn up past low, went to shop, they checked core resister and it was good. He then love taped controler and it turned up fan!?! Said, If it keeps happening, you need New controller. It did keep happing and I got new controler. It did not fix the problem. sometimes it works just fine, but slow to respond. Other times it puts heat out 1 side, Air out other. And a few times I had to pull fuse to turn off fan, even after truck was off, key out, and door shut. Now I am in North Carolina and this shop says (w/no diagnostic) says it must be the module that controls air doors?!?!
    HELP, Please
    SpamLess/bob b
  2. Untouchable

Untouchable New Member

I had a similar problem with my 05 Silverado. Took it to the dealer and it was a recall issue. I can't for the life of me remember what it was that caused the problem, but it was initially going to be around $500 worth of work.