2005 Suburban 2500 trans lines

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by Kalispell, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Kalispell

Kalispell New Member

I have the heavy duty tow package trans cooler on my Suburban. There are a few rubber sections in the steel line that are crimped. my question is can I cut the crimped sections and just replace the rubber with regular hose clamps?

I dont see why not and was hoping that someone here might have done the same thing already.

Doing a water pump tomorrow I will try to post pics and step by step with that.

2005 Suburban 6.0 4x4

2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I have seen it done, the guy just cut the end off and flared the metal end . I have also seen them blow off, empty and destroy the trans. You could probably take the line off and take it to a place that builds hydraulic hoses. They may be able to use the old ends, it may save you some money.

3. Kalispell

Kalispell New Member

Yeah its just a real pain in the ass to replace the whole line set. I would use fuel injection line to replace the old stuff and the ends are already flared. That is what I am afraid of also is loosing a line.

Thanks for the info