1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2005 Suburban Z-71 seat problem

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by BeavertonLarry, May 3, 2013.

1. BeavertonLarry

BeavertonLarry New Member

Hi, New member. I've got a problem I'm hoping to get some help with. My 2005 Z-71 drivers seat vertical adjustment motor won't work. At first it would just make slight clicking noises, then it quit altogether. Does anyone have any idea how to go about diagnosing and hopefully repairing? The stealer said the motor could run as much as $1100.:grrrrrr: Any help would be greatly appreciated...
  2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Step one would be ensuring it has power coming to it.
    Verifying the fuse isnt blown etc.

If theres power to the motor then you'll need to check the motor for function, basically checking to see if it's burnt out.

If its burnt out theres a few sources for replacements.
    Rockisland auto parts
    Local wrecking yards
  3. BeavertonLarry

BeavertonLarry New Member

Thanks! How hard is it to remove?
  4. JungleJim

JungleJim New Member

I had the same problem and I took it to our local dealership. They said that the motor would have to be replaced for around $800. I took it home and started messing with it. I took a set of vice grips and turned the screw by hand. It was all of the way to the end of its range. Once I broke it free, it started working. Whew! I just saved a pile of money. Now I can spend it on something fun.