1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2005 Tahoe Interior Electrical Problem

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by curtisbutton, Apr 21, 2013.

1. curtisbutton

curtisbutton New Member

Hi, I have a 2005 Tahoe LS and am having some electrical problems. My instrument cluster is totally dead, power windows/locks and radio isn't working either. It runs fine, no problems starting or driving. It started as an intermittent problem of the the above dying while driving and all the warning lights on the cluster would come on with a repeating chime. . Shortly after the cluster would come back to life and power would be restored to all. The security light would remain on after it restarted. Any suggestions???? I'm kind of on a tight budget right now and would like to try to fix it myself. I have a decent mechanical knowledge base and have done many repairs on my own before but this electrical problem has me stumped!

P7210008.jpg
  2. geo1

geo1 Member 100 Posts

try myairbags.com,you should confer with them,seems to me to be cluster malfunction,post back
  3. curtisbutton

curtisbutton New Member

Would that also cause my radio and power doors/locks to go out too?
  4. geo1

geo1 Member 100 Posts

im not sure but they will tell you,ive done a couple thru them,last one,the radio didnt work,before they rebuilt the cluster,it was about 180$ including changing the color for customer,give em a call,plus 3 day turnaround!
  5. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I think you lost power to the interior fuse panel. The "mega-fuse" (usually around 125 amp) may be loose. Not sure about your truck, but on mine (and my prev truck) it is mounted on the front of the underhood fuse panel.
  6. curtisbutton

curtisbutton New Member

After all day of picking a poking at things, I found a loose wire connection on the ground cable next to the battery. The plug had worked loose and when I wiggled it the radio came back on. I tightened the connection and taped it so it wouldn't work loose again and haven't had any issues after. I hope this helps other people. Tahoe's are plagued with problems!
  7. geo1

geo1 Member 100 Posts

glad to hear that!
  8. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Thanks for updating!