1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2005 trailblaizer will not start

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by MSG G, Dec 26, 2010.

1. MSG G

MSG G New Member

Merry X-mas everyone. I'm new to the site. I have a 2005 Trilblaizer that is driving me nuts today. We drove it to church and back on Friday night with no problems what so ever. When my daughter went out out on Saturday morning it would not start. The battery is 3 months old; when I put a volt meter on it it reads 14 volts. The lights and radio come on but when you try to engage the starter it just clicks. I have not tryed to jump it yet as I wll need to borrow cables to do that. Has anyone ever had this happen to them in the past and if so what was the problem.
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2010
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club. Let us know after you try to jump it.
  3. stephan

stephan Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the Club MS. Check the batt voltage while you have someone crank it. Your batt sounds like it's probably good. If jumping it with another (good) battery doesn't garner you results, then check all your batt connections including ground to chassis & engine. If you had left smth on overnight to draw it down it probably wouldn't be showing 14V so this kind of looks like a loose connection somewhere. Also could be a faulty starter/solonoid but best to check everywhere else first so you don't waste money throwing parts at it..
  4. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club!! Good luck with finding some answers quickly with an easy and cheap/free solve.
  5. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club!