2005 trailblazer hatch lock is stuck

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by my05tblazer, Jan 7, 2010.

1. my05tblazer

my05tblazer New Member

I have an 05 TrailBlazer that has a stuck lock. This is on the hatch and has happened before in the extreme cold (which is current conditions as well). It is stuck in the locked position and will not latch to close. Any pointers? It corrected itself prior with warmer temps (I beleive that was the reason), but I tried to warm with a hair dryer last night for some time and it never worked?! Any assistance would be much appreciated!

2. 94bluebeast

94bluebeast New Member

This is a shot in the dark, but assuming its frozen (iced) in place. Try putting some Rubbing Alcohol in a spray bottle, keep it @ room temp and spray it in the lock. Try not to get it on any paint or plastic, not really sure if it will mess-up those just want you to play it safe. Make sure you hit the unlock button a couple of times be for you attempt to close it. Oh and make sure you wipe it all down when your done You could also try non freezing wiper fluid instead which does have some sort of alcohol in it. Hope this helps.. Good luck and best wishes... Ray Z.