1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2005 yukon xl fuel pressure regulator location

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by Pikey, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Does anyone have any idea where the FPR is located on a 2005 yukon xl 5.3L flex fuel? I have looked at a few sites that say it is incorporated into the fuel sending unit. Thanks
  2. Pikey

[MENTION=25593]99'HEARTBEAT[/MENTION]?? Calling for your help on this one
  3. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator Staff Member ROTM Winner Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

I'll Try Mike.....I'll get back to you.

4. Pikey

lol, thanks Mike! You always seem to come up with the answers about parts that no one else can :)
  5. 99'HEARTBEAT

Sorry I took sometime in getting back to you Mike......I was looking for good photo of the Fuel Pressure Regulator.......On a 2003" 5.3 Liter Flex Fuel Engine......The Fuel Pressure Regulator, is on the upper Driver's Side portion of the Engine, directly below the Plastic Intake Manifold Shroud...it should be in the same location on your 2005" 5.3 liter.....

FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR

[TABLE="width: 450"]
    [TR]
    [TD="align: right"][/TD]
    [TD][​IMG][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="colspan: 2"][​IMG][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [TABLE="class: moreinfotable"]
    [TR]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

Last edited: Jun 6, 2014
  6. Pikey

that was fast! Thanks mike. I will go look for it again. I had looked in that area and did not see it or a line that it would ever run to.
  7. 99'HEARTBEAT

Your Welcome Mike.....:great:
  8. Pikey

Well, I checked again. Referred to my manual for my 02 silverado again also. I see the spot were it should be, but it is just a junction no regulator there. In 05 they also put the fuel filter in the tank for the first time on this truck. So, maybe they did the same with the regulator
  9. 99'HEARTBEAT

Mike....Interesting???.....the photo of the Reg. from Rock Auto....it's for a 2005" GMC Yukon XL 1500, with a 5.3 liter.

Also from Rock Auto, Regarding the Fuel Pressure Reg.....It expresses the following:....Please check notes in each part listing to ensure the Fuel Injection Pressure Regulator is correct for your 2005 GMC YUKON XL 1500 with a 5.3L engine. Special restrictions like "California only" or "with sport package" may indicate a Fuel Injection Pressure Regulator fits only certain 2005 GMC YUKON XL 1500 models.

Edit.....Mike, I'm going to do some research on this, and I'll get back to you.
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2014
  10. Pikey

according to the manual I have it should be right here, IMG_0748.jpg

As you can see, it is not, That is why I originally posted the question.