1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

2006 Chevy 1500 - Acceleration slip

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by Slvr06Chevy, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Slvr06Chevy

Slvr06Chevy New Member

I have a 2006 Chevy 1500, 4X2 with 5.3L...103,000 miles.

When starting from a stop there is a small slip in the transfer of power...no slip when starting from a slow roll. Same symptoms in reverse.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance.

JP

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

Update and more advice...with truck in nuetral the driveshaft will rotate 1/2 - 3/4" and makes a kncoking noise if rotated back and fourth. U-Joints?

2. GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Has this concern been resolved? Have you brought this to the attention of your local dealership? I can also look into this further for you with your VIN. Please feel free to contact me via private message as well. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

3. TwelveGaugeSlug

TwelveGaugeSlug New Member

Possibly U-joints. Cheap and relatively easy to fix! Mine were bad by 108k miles. Mine is a 4x4 so I replaced both joints.