1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2006 Chevy Silverado Chirp/Tick

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by wabcyouthpastor, Oct 3, 2013.

1. wabcyouthpastor

wabcyouthpastor New Member

Well after two tension pulleys one idler pulley and a water pump replacement I still had a chirp sound. I broke down and took it to Chevy and they were happy to see me 3500 reasons they were happy to see me. Turns out lifters and cam shaft had to be replaced and not a whole lot that could be done other than get it fixed. I had two shops that told me they would not touch it...which made me wonder why they are mechanics but anyway will have my truck back by Friday evening 10/4/2014. thought I would share to help someone else from replacing all those parts and seeing your time go to a waste looking for what is the inevitable. If you have any questions about what I experienced let me know
  2. SliverZ71

SliverZ71 Rockstar 100 Posts

Welcome to the Club!!!
  3. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

***Thread moved to correct section of Forum***
  4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site. Please upload some pics when you get a chance.