1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2006 Chevy Silverado

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Nathan Kenney, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Nathan Kenney

Nathan Kenney Member

Hello i have a 2006 chevy silverado 1500 I was wondering if anyone can answer these three question. First where can i purchase OEM 2500 Towing Mirrors. Secondly does anyone know where the fuel filter is I have the 5.3 If that helps. Finally how do i know if i have the deep transmission pan want to change the fluid and filter.
  2. 98Hotrod98

98Hotrod98 Rockstar 100 Posts

** Welcome to the club,

1) amazon, GMpartsdirect,
    2) filter is located in the fuel tank with the pump. ( good for 100k miles )
    3) deep pans are normally aftermarket and should have a logo on them. My GM pan is just unmarked.
  3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

don't forget gmpartsclub.com :) (that's a little self-serving, just tossing that out there though). :)
  4. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Your fuel filter is located in the gas tank, its supposed to be good for 100,000 miles. If your trans pan is 3" deep, its a deep pan.

---------- Post added at 03:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

Gm does have a shallow and deep metal pan.