2006 chevy speaker and warning buzzer problems

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by xsparky, Apr 10, 2011.

1. xsparky

xsparky Rockstar

I have a 2006 chevy that the front mid range speakers in doors work only when the warning chimes are working. has anybody ran into this problem.

2. jfr1800

jfr1800 New Member

The radio produces the chimes unless you have an ampifier on the radio then the ampifier produces the chimes. The chimes should come through the left front speaker. Strange both speakers are effected. The problem might be in the radio.

3. xsparky

xsparky Rockstar

Thanks for the help.

4. GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

I would recommend contacting your local dealership for more information. They should be able to assist you further and have a plan for addressing the issue. I can also look into this issue further. In order to do so, I will need some more specific information from you. If you could please send me your full name, address, phone number, the VIN for the vehicle, and current mileage, I will be able to take further steps. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me directly. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

5. xsparky

xsparky Rockstar

Took it to the dealer ship and they said the front speakers where bad. So thanks to a bumper to bumper warranty they replace them.

6. canislupis69

canislupis69 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Mine had the same problem and were replaced under warranty also.