1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2006 Colorado Fog/Driving Lights

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by ChipsWorld, Jan 28, 2008.

Random Gallery Photos

1. ChipsWorld

ChipsWorld New Member

Need help!!!

I have a 2006 COlorado Crew cab 4 cyl.

My truck did not come with the fog lights installed, but it appears as though all of the electrical is in place up to the fuse block under the hood. The fuse is there, and the switch is in the light switch cluster.
    My question is...Is there a seperate wiring harness for the fog lights that connects to the fuse block? If not...where does the power come from? Is it part of the headlight harness? Can I replace this harness to include the fog light connectors?

I have not been able to find a harness for either the fog lights or headlamps anywhere on the web that would answer this question.

Thanks to anyone that can help!
  2. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I have some potentially bad news.... If your truck is like my Saturn ION, the fog lights are controlled through the computer, so the switch in the dash is just a momentary switch to tell the computer when to turn the fog lights on. Since your truck was not originally equipped with fog lights, that part of the promgramming for the computer is missing so you won't be able to use all the factory parts and methods to turn them on and off. This is just a guess/gamble on my part, but knowing how they like to computerize everything nowadays, I wouldn't be surprised....
  3. Dan

Dan New Member 100 Posts

you may want to check with the dealer as in my case 2006 sierra wt 1500 the wireing was there all i had to do was buy the lights and the switch and all worked fine....
  4. ChipsWorld

ChipsWorld New Member

Thanks for the help...as good or bad as it may be!

I'll let you all know what the dealer says! Kind of aprehensive to ask now. Really don't want to add a switch onto an already perfeectly laid out dash!
  5. Smokin Hot Wife

Smokin Hot Wife New Member

I put fog lights on our 06 Silverado and the hardest part was trying to find the right hole to put the terminal into the fuse box under the hood. It isn't hard and the dealer had to do nothing to make them work
    chevy truck parts