1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2006 gmc sierra z71, transmission??

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by pistons_1992, Dec 15, 2012.

1. pistons_1992

pistons_1992 New Member

is the 4l60e in the 2006 gmc sierra 1500 z71 trucks?? i have been looking into putting a shift kit in mine but every where i call tells me they dont have one for my year model. but b & m makes one for the 4l60e? did they put a different transmission in the later model trucks for that body style?
  2. barefoot greg

barefoot greg New Member

to the best of my knowledge yes the 4l60e is the tranny you have unless it has the 4l80e which is the Heavy Duty tranny, ive seen several trucks with these. Its not common but not rare either
  3. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Active Member 1000 Posts

should be a 4L60E in there. one option would be to get a rebuild done, or a 4L80E swapped in. when they do the rebuild they can do a shift kit with tougher parts.

Alex
  4. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 1000 Posts

Check your RPO codes. If you have a M30 code, you have the 4L60E tranny.