GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

2006 saab 9-7x oil consumption

Discussion in 'Chevy Trailblazer Forum (GMC Envoy)' started by barryT, Sep 15, 2012.

1. barryT

barryT New Member

I'vI been reading a fair amount and I'm almost certain I have the cause of my oil consumption identified. I believe like most people that it is my PVC system causing the issue. The line from the intake manifold to the driver side valve cover Is free of oil but the other side of the system the line going from the passenger valve cover to the intake tube between the maf and the throttlebody is dripping with engine oil.

Am I on the right track here? If I am I understand that the permanent fix is to replace the drivers side valve cover. If I pull and clean up the drivers side valve cover, will that fix the issue temporarily?

Thanks,
    Barry
  2. moogvo

moogvo Moderator

Dripping wet on the inside or on the outside? I had a Caprice that was blowing oil up into the air cleaner through the PCV line, but it had a dead cylinder and there was oil blow by that ended up in the air cleaner.
  3. barryT

barryT New Member

UOTE=moogvo;507385]Dripping wet on the inside or on the outside? I had a Caprice that was blowing oil up into the air cleaner through the PCV line, but it had a dead cylinder and there was oil blow by that ended up in the air cleaner.[/QUOTE]

Inside of the line but this is a common problem with the 5.3s with the fixed orifice pcv system. There is a tsb about it. I'm am 100% sure that I am not having any blow by. I was just wondering if I could clean the faulty valve cover for a temp fix. Thanks for the suggestion though.