1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2006 silverado a/c fan stopped

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by jrod368, Nov 20, 2008.

1. jrod368

jrod368 New Member

i have a 2006 silverado that has on numerous occasions had the a/c fan quit blowing it will run fine one day and the next not i work for my brother who has a 2500 hd silverado that is an 04 and it is doing the same thing anyone have any inside info on why
  2. daddytech

daddytech New Member

I would look at the switch on the dash being your problem. the only other thing it could be is a short in the blower motor it's self. either way it's an easy fix the only hard part is the cost for the repair part. I would remove the blower motor first myself to check and see that it turns free. My wife's suburban was sort of doing the same thing. sometimes it would come on, some times it wouldn't and then sometimes when it did come on it squealed really bad. when i took her old one out to replace it I found that the fan motor bearings were just worn out on the squirrel cage piston and the new blower motor solved the problem.
  3. dwill3015

dwill3015 New Member 1000 Posts

It could also be the blower motor resistor. Ususally when this goes out the blower will only work on a couple of speeds and dead on the others.