1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2006 Silverado Heated Seats

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by redsflhtci, Nov 4, 2008.

1. redsflhtci

redsflhtci New Member

On my 2006 Silverado, the driver heated seats started to act up. Coming on when I did not press the switches. I looked in the owner's manual, and disconnected the 10 amp fuse, on the left side fuse box,
    but this did not shut off the switches. Is there another fuse panel somewhere in the truck, or do I try
    and find a wiring schematic and just disconnect the underseat wiring connector? Thank's for your help!

Dave
  2. daddytech

daddytech Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

well until you find a workable solution to your problem I would unplug the harness under the seat. Specially if you are the only one that drives the vehicle. you know you won't have to adjust the seat so that will keep the heater from burning you up until you are able to get an answer to your problem to fix the cause ..... if this is a 2006 do you not still have warranty through the dealer to get things like this repaired????
  3. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

My seat heaters acted up on my 2006 and the dealer found a burnt ground wire. My problem was though that they did not work at all.

Look for a wiring diagram by following the instructions in the repair manuals thread.