Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

2006 silverado oil pressure

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Nathan Kenney, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Nathan Kenney

Nathan Kenney Member

Okay so I was wondering if you guys know why when my rpms go up on my oil pressure increase and when it reaches speed it goes back to normal got this after a cel light had it cleared and no light but still weird pressure.

2. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

The easiest thing to check first is the wire to your OP sender. Make sure it's a tight connection. If it's good, the next easiest thing to do is pull the sender unit, & check the oil pressure (probably ok, but check it just to be safe). Many parts places will loan you an op guage for free. If it's ok, I'd buy a sender unit, & replace it cuz it's a lot easier than what comes next if that doesn't fix your problem. Now for the hard stuff. These guages have "stepper motors" on them. They aren't overly expensive, but you have to remove the instrument cluster & go through a very regimented process to replace them. Use the "search link" above & enter "stepper motor" to find a good link on how to do them.

3. GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Has your concern been resolved? I can also look into this for you with your VIN. Please feel free to keep me posted either way. You can also contact me via private message. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.