1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2006 Suburban - interior LED lights

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by cielodome, Jul 9, 2014.

1. cielodome

cielodome Member

I am considering replacing the regular bulbs for the interior lighting with LED's. Does anyone have experience with this and if so, is it even worth the effort? I would like to use the yellow led's as the blue or the white ones are not as nice. Are there kits for all the lights for a specific suburban from a reputable manufacturer?

Any ideas are most welcome. Thanks.

Tom
  2. Alex91191

Alex91191 New Member

It looks superb, Totally change the interior of the car when LEDs are on. Yes there is specific kit for LED lights.
  3. Cheez

Cheez Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

I've replaced all interior lights in my Silverado and my Jeep. It is an excellent mod to improve the look of a vehicle. Which lights are you wanting to replace? The instrument cluster and A/C controls will have to be soldered in but it's not too difficult if you know how to solder. The overhead lights can be ordered in LED version and they're just plug and play.
  4. cielodome

cielodome Member

Im good with the dash lights, but the overhead lights (dome and map) are what I want to change.

I am hoping to find a good set/package that can be recommended. There is a ton of LED set out there but I am weary of the low-quality ones; I don't want any problems.

I just oust installed the headlight high beam relay kit to keep the low beams on when you turn on the high beams and now that looks amazing.
  5. Cheez

6. cielodome

cielodome Member

I purchased several different led bulbs from your recommendation. When they arrive I will install them and take some pictures.
  7. cielodome

cielodome Member

I installed JTech LED lights and there is clearly a difference. Although I was expecting a different kind of light (perhaps refereeing to the incandescent glow) that would be much brighter, it ended up being different, even bluish, but certainly better illumination for the whole interior.

Here are some photos I took before and after:

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Even though there is a light in the garage for the LED lights it was minimal and did not effect the interior lighting.
  8. Cheez

Very nice! If you want less of a blue color you can order LEDs in warm white. It produces more of a yellow tinted light.

I also ended up putting a set in my license plate lights.