Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2006 trucks

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by CarpenterGuy, Sep 14, 2008.

1. CarpenterGuy

CarpenterGuy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Ok, i've been looking for a lift, and i discovered that an 03-05 lift is different than a lift for an 06. why is that? The lift for an 06 is i think 90 bucks more than for the 05. What is it that sets the 06's different than the others? Other than pure awsomeness of course.
  2. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Good question! I have never researched lift prices or differences between th 2006 and earlier years. Now you made me curious.
  3. CarpenterGuy

Does anyone know? cause it's really killing me.
  4. Calbaby968

Calbaby968 Rockstar 100 Posts

They made a great product in the 03 to 05 range. In 06, they were already looking at the new body style and left out a few parts on the 06. So you have to buck up a little to get what we already have. AN AWESOME TRUCK. hehe.
  5. CarpenterGuy

Lol haha. i would think they added stuff. we're more advanced!
  6. Unot2fast4me

Unot2fast4me New Member

Correct me if im wrong but i think they went with a larger front brakes than the previous years (same as current year trucks 08 09's) and a new rear drum brakes. I have a 06 model but not sure if this was started on the 05's or 06's. That might be why its a little more for a lift , there might be something different than the older models.
  7. 06piney

06piney Rockstar 100 Posts

i dont know why they are more expensive, but i know one thing, i love my 06. The only thing I would want is the 350 from my pop's 00
  8. CarpenterGuy

one day way down the road when i get a new truck (hopefully a 3/4 ton) i'm gonna drop a 572 in it and raise it a lot.