2006 Yukon Whining Noise in rear

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by bbdawg, Dec 9, 2008.

1. bbdawg

bbdawg New Member

Just purchased a 2006 Yukon SLT with 60k miles. there is a whinning noise in the rear end that is loudest at about 45 mph. when accelerating the noise goes away, when easing off the gas, noise is loudest.

[COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]Truck[/COLOR][/COLOR] is at GM dealer right now getting checked out and minor maintenence. Service mgr called and said the whining noise is NORMAL for most [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]GM [COLOR=blue! important]trucks[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]. He stated there is no problem at all. I have a bumper-to-bumper warranty for 36 months so repair cost is not an issue.

My question, is what the [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]dealer[/COLOR][/COLOR] told me true?? We're heading the the NC mountains this weekend..:confused::confused:

Thanks
    Randy

2. retired

retired Rockstar 100 Posts

Not normal, try servicing the rear. If that doesn't work you'll need a new ring and pinion.