2007 & 2008 GM Driver Information Center

Discussion in 'How-to Guides' started by jdchet, Jan 12, 2008.

Newest Photos

1. jdchet

jdchet New Member

My '07 Silverado didn't come with the DIC buttons on the left side of the dash. Well I just remedied that issue! I ordered the buttons and dash plate from GM Accessories Store p/n#19159438 and installed it yesterday. Installation was easy with minimum tools required. I highly recommend this!

JD:rules:
  2. finalday7

finalday7 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Any chance you could post some pics. I might consider doing this even tho I don't mind just looking at my guage cluster, which will still show you everything you just have to do differnet things.
  3. jdchet

jdchet New Member

[​IMG]

The only issue I had installing was putting the bolt back in that holds the Parking Brake release handle. Damn Jeezus clip wouldn't stay in place! I found it was easier if you started the bolt just slightly before replacing the knee bolster panel. Like I said, very minor problem. Took all of about 20 minutes to install using a phillips head screwdriver and a plastic putty knife (in lieu of a plastic dash trim tool).
    Instructions........http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t283/jdchet/DashPanel002.jpg
    http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t283/jdchet/DashPanel001.jpg

JD:party:
  4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

That's great, I wonder why they didn't put that in at the factory, the buttons can't be that expensive of an option. I guess some people don't want them and prefer them to be more hidden???

What was the cost? I didn't see that in your post. Glad it was easy to get done.
  5. jdchet

jdchet New Member

It was only about $85 plus shipping.

JD [​IMG]
  6. donewithdodge

donewithdodge New Member

dic install

I need to do this too. Curious did you have to have the dealer program anything. did you just install it and that was it. :no:
  7. jdchet

jdchet New Member

No programming required! Just 15-20 minutes to install and your good! The connection for the buttons is already there. Like Steve said I don't understand why they didn't include the buttons in the first place. They do give you many more options!
    Good luck!

JD:sleep:
  8. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

I've now driving a lot of the 2007 and 2008 GM Trucks and SUVs and it's just a major step forward towards providing the driver with valuable information when driving down the road. Gone are the days when I'll be satisfied with just the odometer and trip.

:great:Thumbs up on the great find! Who would have known that you just could get the buttons and hook them up. I wonder if it's the same for all vehicles?
  9. DirtDog

DirtDog New Member 100 Posts

I want to know if I can just get the steering wheel for my truck that has the buttons??? If so I want them!!!!
  10. nbjohnson

nbjohnson New Member

thanks for the info

jdchet, Thanks for the info. I just ordered it and can't wait for it to arrive.